> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Faulty Primer
Login | Register

Faulty Primer

Posted by Mr. Paint on February 8th, 2003 05:24 PM
In reply to paint bubbling after nine months by susan on February 8th, 2003 02:29 PM [Go to top of thread]

It is incredibly rare for a paint to be defective - something like 98% of paint failures are caused by something OTHER than the paint. I cannot believe that whomever you purchased the product from didn' help you out. Especially if the primer was defective? Or was it the wrong application for the that particular primer?

Did you use the same brand of primer and paint? Lots of people won't use a "system" from one manufacturer - they buy primer from a "primer company" and finish coat from a "paint company".

It is always best to use the primer that the finish coat paint manufacturer are much less likely to have problems.......and if you do, there is no was to say there was incompatibility.

I still cannot believe you didn't at least get your money back for the paint - or they would supply new paint at no cost - that is pretty standard in the industry.

This is one of those times that perhaps The Home Depot wouldn't have been so bad.......I am sure you would have gotten some satisfaction from them.

Mr. Paint

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC