> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > faucet replacement
Login | Register

faucet replacement

Posted by David on February 1st, 2003 05:10 PM
In reply to replacing old faucets in shower by gh on February 1st, 2003 02:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

GH, Most faucets can be replaced with replacement parts kits, new valves, etc. however, your replacement options will be limited to whatever valves match the threading and operation of your existing valves. You'll find them at most major lumber and hardware stores that sell new faucets. Shut off the water main to your home and remove a sample valve to take with you to be sure you get a matching one.

If your wanting to change them to match a newer style and way of operating, no, you'll need to have a plumber install entire new valve bodies.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC