> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > False column
Login | Register

False column

Posted by Henry in MI on April 3rd, 2003 06:32 AM
In reply to Damaged Wall Panelling by Judy on April 2nd, 2003 11:09 PM [Go to top of thread]

Judy, one possibility may be to install a fake/false column over the missing paneling. Without having measurements, sounds like a little 1x6 and 1x8 pine for plinth block and capital would cover this and then paint the wood. This would be pretty cheap. Alternately, they do make wrappers for lally posts that might be used. You could even get a sheet of plywood and cut out a palm tree or a pine tree shape and paint then nail that up.

These are sure not the only answers but are possible answers and idea starters. A lot depends on the look of the room now.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC