> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > extreme water pressure
Login | Register

extreme water pressure

Posted by anna on April 9th, 2000 09:39 AM

let me start with a little history---we bought our house 5 years ago
it had an old water heater that worked fine for 4 years and we replaced it with a new one
because it stopped heating water and leaked. we had our new water heater for 6 months no problems at all.
last october our water company installed water meters---now we have problems. First, we have always had high pressure
now we have tremendous pressure. i noticed that right after the meter was installed that our hot water got hotter so we lowered the temp
then the temp relief valve went off and wouldn't stop leaking, naturally we replaced it, then the second one went bad, now i am getting
suspicious, now the third one has gone bad and i feel it is because of the water meter and the back flow preventer that is in the line
i have been told by our water company that there is nothing that they will do and that we need to install an expansion tank---i have had 2 plumbers
tell me i need a pressure reducing valve--and another tell me that it is just the temp relief valve. our water company also told me that they
have no control over the pressure in the lines because the water is gravity fed--but last week the pump at the source of our water company went bad
and there were many residents in our town who had no water pressure while ours seemed normal and the leak stopped for the entire time that the pump was broken
as soon as they fixed it --the pressure was back and the leak started again. i am at my wits end and have called the public utiliy commission for help
but then i found this site and thought it couldn't hurt to ask--any help would be greatly appreciated--thank you

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC