We currently have insulation between our floor joists in a crawl space. We have one forced air heating run into this space at its mid point. The entire outside blockwall of this crawlspace was insulated with extruded polystyrene R-10 ship lapped, and taped. Damp proofing and better drainage was introduced to the outside of the foundation. Now comes the next step and question. I would like to turn on the air run in this space, now that the perimeter has been insulated - should I:
1. ensure that the band joist is insulated and a vapour barrier placed behind it?
2. remove all existing insulation from the floor joists?
3. place 6 mil poly on the ground, sealing it a couple of inches up the inside of the block wall with calking?
4. Open a small hole in the adjoining basement wall to allow cold air to leave the space and enter our unfinished basement area?
5. Finally, seal any floor area that may allow this newly conditioned air to get into the living space?