> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Excellent Results With Non-specialty Paints
Login | Register

Excellent Results With Non-specialty Paints

Posted by Mark J on February 17th, 2001 01:19 PM
In reply to Ralph Lauren Paint by laurie on November 23rd, 1997 03:19 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

I recently purchased a home for remodel; great home, but needed painting from top to bottom. I really like the Ralph Lauren colors and came onto this site to see what experience others have had. After reading through the postings, I had decided that I didn’t need the problems and thought I would find colors that ‘worked’ elsewhere. I pulled chips from no fewer than 8 different paint manufacturers and settled on Sherwin William’s in that the chips were displayed in a manner that made coordination a little easier.

After speaking with the Rep at Home Depot and 5 or 6 quarts of the Sherwin paints (the colors on the chips can look so different on the walls) I ended up using a single color of Sherwin William’s Paint in two bedrooms and 4 different colors of Ralph Lauren paints in the master bedroom, dining area, family room, hallway, and entry hall.

I used paints from the Safari Collection (Kuba (for trim), Rhino Tusk, Cameroon Green (adjusted down 75%), and Mahogany – no specialty paints. My experience was great. I used the tinted primer for the Mahogany and it covered in a single application. The adjusted Cameroon Green covered in a single application, and the other paints required two coats.

Although, I like the color of the Sherwin William’s paint selected for the bedrooms, it also required 2 coats and was more expensive than the Ralph Lauren paints. The Ralph Lauren colors are fantastic and at the end of the day provide a novice with colors that look like a designer coordinated them. I do not have the experience nor the eye to think that I would have achieved this result with another paint. From my experience, the Ralph Lauren paints I used provided great results and were a great value.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC