> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Entertainment Center
Login | Register

Entertainment Center

Posted by Andrew in NY on October 3rd, 2001 12:09 PM
In reply to sheathed electrical cable & Coax by Andrew in NY on October 2nd, 2001 11:38 AM [Go to top of thread]

No, noone has discouraged me from going forward with my plans! I intend to run a dedicated circuit, as well as the CATV and FM antenna (also coax) to separate boxes located on either side of the stud behind the entertainment center.

To play it safe, I will drill separate holes in the floor plates from the basement up and into the attic, so that my coax and sheathed electrical cable are not 'squuezed' together through the same hole.

It can't be any worse than the current setup, in which the previous owner ran the CATV along the outside of the house in a 50' length of gutter and in through the gable vent.

Does anybody have any suggestions for snaking wire through an insulated wall? I may have limited access, as the wall separates the living space from the garage. I suppose I can cut some holes in the drywall on the garage site to help get the wires down the wall, then just patch the wall later.

Thanks again for all of the follow-ups!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC