> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Electronic manuals
Login | Register

Electronic manuals

Posted by DanO Moderator on September 19th, 2007 11:09 PM
In reply to Re: Contact and Talk to Frigidaire by Unregistered-Martybkc1 on September 19th, 2007 04:33 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> Contact the manufacturer by DanO on 09/18/2007
> Contact and TALK to Frigidaire by DanO on 09/18/2007

** [Left] a message with my phone and email requesting a Tappan manual by model number. **

Good luck. I hope they can help you.

** Smart manufacturers offer *all* their manuals on line in pdf or html format (the "handle it once" principle). **

That is true *since publishing became electronic* (maybe 1990's on?) where its easy to archive an electronic copy but the effort to scan documents previously only available in paper form has high costs involved with it and only the possibility for limited returns. There are also many appliance lines with limited runs (of 1,000 or less) where such efforts may not be worthwhile at all.

But even with that, Frigidaire is one of the better companies with making even old documents available online. I have found some even for products from the mid 1970's there. Maybe they were popular ones? It is just not realistic to have every single manual ever produced available in electronic form for any company that builds such a wide range of products.

Dan O.
The Appliance Information Site

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC