> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Electricity
Login | Register

Posted by RIP on December 31st, 2000 03:22 PM
In reply to electricity by T.C. on December 31st, 2000 02:34 PM [Go to top of thread]

I don't know how much money you have, but I Just started a business (Seamless gutters) and we needed a generator to run the gutter machine. It needed to handle 5000 Watts of continuous draw, well needless to say because of all the hype about Y2K everyone wanted a generator, so all the manufacturers made mass quantities of them well now there isn't enough room on the shelves for the remaining generators of last year. You may be able to go to a wholesale outlet & Surplus for tools and equipment and get you a very decent generator to power your whole house for an easy $500.00, I bought one and it was well worth the investment. I don't regret it one bit, actually now I'm thinking about getting a RV generator (liquid cooled, hard wired, OHV, Electric start on demand, quiet, compact etc.) Well Hope this helps you, sometimes you must weigh the options. Is it more costly to buy all the parts you need to make your own electricity and find out that it didn't work or produce enough electricity for you or is it better to buy a generator that will work, has a warranty, produces electricity on demand, has parts available if it ever breaks down and you won't have to peddal a bike either!
Good Luck,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC