> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > ELECTRICAL Wiring dilemma
Login | Register

ELECTRICAL Wiring dilemma

Posted by Geographically Challenged in WI on February 5th, 2000 05:10 PM

Hope this is not too dumb of a question, but I am dealing with a renovated basement that has two fluorescent light fixtures, and a "suspended ceiling". It is not really suspended, but uses a similar hardware setup (called Ceiling Max) that attached right to the joists. Without pulling the system down, I wonder if anyone could offer a suggestion for wiring.

The lights were wired with a switch at the end of the run. In other words, 2-wire power goes from junction box, to light, to 2nd light and then a simple toggle switch at the end. My dilemma: I would like to put a switch at the front end of the run, so it could be controlled at either end of the basement, WITHOUT making the 2nd switch dead if the first is turned off. In other
words, is there any easy way to make a three-way without access to the wiring of the light fixtures? Because of the room layout, I AM able to reach the back side of the switch at the end. Any suggestions (or suggestions for other resources for answers) would be appreciated. Thanks!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC