> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > electrical outlet good idea/bad idea?/squirrel problem
Login | Register

electrical outlet good idea/bad idea?/squirrel problem

Posted by Bill K. on August 6th, 2000 12:16 AM

In paneling a wall with slatboard (a wall material for stores that allows hooks to be hung in it), I chose not to cut it on one side of the store space for 3 outlets. I didn't just hang it over them though, I removed the wall plate and the outlet itself, and after putting like wires to like wires I wire-nutted and taped them. Since it looks like other old electrical fixtures have been removed by the same means (this space's been remodedled 2 or 3 times now), I thought this should be safe. Am I all right on this one? I don't yet have my own electricity to see if I am going to trip breakers with it (IE if I screwed up) -

Also, a red squirrel has chosen to inhabit the building, or at least store food in it, and he runs across my drop ceiling about once every evening. D-Con work on these guys? I was thinking of plugging the hole he uses to get in from the vacant space next to mine, with that expanding foam that comes in a can (the hole was cut out when the wall was put up, it's not something he chewed out), also. Maybe bewteen losing his entry and the smell of the foam he'd at least stay out of my section of the building -

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC