> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > electrical advice
Login | Register

electrical advice

Posted by Ginnie P on August 17th, 2000 09:16 PM

I am the producer of our church's annual Christmas Pageant. This year, we would like to use a mirror ball that rotates on a motor, with a pin spot light to acheive a certain lighting effect.
Our problem is that we need to be able to turn the light and the motor on simultaneously, and we would like to be able to do this with a remote control. The distance between the ball and light set up and the person who will be turning them on is approximately 100-150 feet. Any suggestions? We did buy a Leviton "The Anywhere Switch", but it is only good for 50 feet. Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.
And yes, we know that we could just appoint someone to throw a wall switch. However, after directing these pageant for ten years, I have learned that if I want something done EXACTLY the way I envision it and at the correct time, some things I need to do myself!! As I am operating our lighting and sound controls, I would like to be able to turn the mirror ball and light on and off myself.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC