> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Electric oven
Login | Register

Electric oven

Posted by Henry in MI on April 29th, 2001 07:51 PM
In reply to 220v by Malcolm on April 29th, 2001 10:46 AM [Go to top of thread]

Malcolm, is this for an apartment, co-op, or condo? If apartment, you could spend a lot of money and have nothing to show for it. If condo or co-op, are you sure that you don't have it now? Check with the association and whoever does electrical work or maintenance for them.

As far as the cost, this could vary wildly. Having a wire pulled and connecting the wire at both ends can be not that big a deal or tremendously involved. How long is the run? Where does it have to go? These are the important questions and I'm sure that hiring an electrician in your area is not cheap. Since it is a "rental" unit in one sense of the word or another, I doubt that you could legally do it yourself. And if there is a fire or something, guess who gets sued big time. I really think that you have to start asking questions on your end to see; 1) what has to be done, 2) who can do it, 3) who has to pay for it. Then you can reasonably ask the right person how much it will cost and when it can be done.

I apologize if I took your first message wrong. Many people ask on this board about doing that they should not. Some people ask about doing things that should not be done at all. A very few ask about doing things for all the wrong reasons.

Henry in MI

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC