> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > elec.and gas water heaters
Login | Register

elec.and gas water heaters

Posted by M. Rosty on March 29th, 2001 08:25 PM
In reply to Gas water heater vs electric by Harold Kestenholz - Hydronic Network on March 29th, 2001 04:23 PM [Go to top of thread]

No one will convince me gas is cheaper to run a year than elec.Listen to this:All kilowatts of elec. does not go out the vent pipe secounds after burning like gas. Elec. has no vent pipe to let the heat out. You get to use all the dollars you paid for in heat not lost in the tank. Gas is burned and does travel around the outside of the tank and goes up and out of the pipe as fast as the burner is burning it. From a dollar worth of gas you may get a real use of a small amount. It is dirty and also much more dangerious to the wood frame home in causing a fire not to menition what a gas leak can do in blowing a home apart or causing death to you and your family while you sleep some night.I have a full electric home in the deep south where elec. is not cheep and summer it is used a lot and I could not be happier. I will also sleep very well at night knowing I have no dirty smelly deadly gas and I am a man who builds refinery's and gas plants for a living. But I like to tell the truth even if you don't like to hear it.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC