> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Easier than it sounds
Login | Register

Easier than it sounds

Posted by dodgeman on January 14th, 2000 01:36 PM
In reply to Removing Concrete from Swingset by Merry on January 13th, 2000 03:55 PM [Go to top of thread]

When my children were young, we moved from one part of town to another and took our ladder - type swingset with us.
The concrete was in the ground very solid, so I first took a garden hose and worked it down alonside of the concrete (with the water on) until the water pressure had loosened the concrete from the soil. I then took a car jack and placed it under the bottom step of the ladder and slowly jacked the legs with the concrete attached out of the ground. I remember having to go from one side of the set to the other several times to bring the legs out somewhat together. Once the set was out of the ground, I laid it down so the concrete was on the ground. I then hit the concrete with a sledge hammer (wear your eye goggles) to break it off of the legs. It came off with little damage to the legs themselves. I reinstalled the set with fresh concrete at the new location, and the kids got many more years of service out of the set!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC