> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ease up Harold...
Login | Register

Ease up Harold...

Posted by jb on December 8th, 2000 01:23 PM
In reply to Heat estimation by Harold Kestenholz - Hydronic Network on December 8th, 2000 11:47 AM [Go to top of thread]

I didn't mean to imply that a "manual J" was the only method.'s software strikes me as being extremely easy and useful. I have no ties to them, I just had a good experience with their stuff. They have been supplying heat load calculating software to the industry since 1981, when Carrier bought their residential software. Also Rheem, Ruud, Lennox, Armstrong, York Borg-Warner, and thousands of installers and homeowners have successfully used their software. Chances are good that if an installer bothers to do a heat loss calculation on your house, that he might be using their program. You have contributed much good info to this board and if you say that your flash program does a good job I believe you. I have seen it and I prefer the other one. No biggie.

I honestly don't know the difference between the ASHRAE method and the manual J, I just know their software is easy to use, has many features, and it works for me. Your implication that this software is somehow "disreputable" is spurious and unfounded. I think you sound like you would rather nitpick me for no good reason than try to actually help this guy. My main point was that the low bid isn't worth a snot if the system isn't sized right and installed and serviced correctly. Anyone who relies on "rule of thumb" exclusively is taking chances. Do you think that was bad advise? Com'on Harold, give me a break, go yell at your kids or something...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC