THE NEW BUILDING CHOICE OF THE FUTURE. There's a "NEW KID ON THE BLOCK" one that will help SAVE MOTHER EARTH.
This product is virtually indestructible. It will save 20 to 50% in the cost of building a structure, home or commercial.
· You will enjoy an extreme fire rating! Over 4 HOURS OF DIRECT contact!
· You will enjoy sound resistance (#40)
· Insulation of R18-R45+ vs. the industry's standard of only R12 or MAYBE R13 in frame homes.
· You will lower your utility bills
· No more "tip-toeing" around the house at night... be as loud as you feel like!
· Love to crank up the stereo/TV at night? Now you can!
· An Earthblock home will not burn down as a frame home will, as Earthblock can be exposed to DIRECT flame for 4+ HOURS without failing or igniting. Compare that to the SECONDS it takes a 2x4 (piece of lumber) to ignite. That's peace of mind!
· You will enjoy a high quality SOLID building, not a "weaker" structure where you can literally "punch" a hole through the wall with your bare hands.
· Even the 3 little pigs knew NOT to build with sticks!
· Your house will last MUCH longer than any wood or concrete block structure. That's a GIVEN! Guaranteed!
· You will be proud of being a part of mass recycling as ONE house can recycle well over 60 TONS. Not only is 60 TONS MORE than most cities recycle in an entire year... but it BEATS the 2+ acres of wooded land that otherwise would have been KILLED in order to provide the lumber.
· Earthblock is an obvious and healthy choice.
And to YOU as a builder/developer/architect:
· Same as above... and in ADDITION:
· Earthblock allows you to save 20%-55% in construction costs.
· NO additional insulation is needed!
· NO additional framing required!
· NO Splitting beams!
· Under roof faster than ever!
· Building with Earthblock is a EASY!
· You will be able to offer a superior building to your clients. (MUCH better than wood frame and concrete block)
· You will be a part of mass recycling rather than supporting the mass killing of trees for lumber and the pollution of mother earth for cement.
ASTM C-518 (insulation value): R-value of R16- R20 depending on model and thickness (10 inch standard is R19).
ASTM E-136 (fire/combustibility): Fire test by DIRECT torch punishment for over 4 hours: Application of a direct flame from a propane blow torch (Blue flame) to Earthblock surface will not cause combustion. When the torch is removed, even after minutes, Earthblock will not support combustion and cools off quickly, showing only mild surface roughage and discoloration where the flame was DIRECTLY applied to the block. Earthblock will revolutionize the way that the Insurance Industry looks at future policies and can make lumber/concrete block obsolete in the construction of residential and commercial structures. Not to mention the unbeatable high fire-safety standard of Earthblock buildings.
Hot "oven" test: This test introduced small cube Earthblock samples to temperatures of 750º C. Since this is well above the combustion temperature of wood, the samples began to make a sizzling sound, due to embedded sawdust. However, the samples hold their structure and do not collapse. This indicates that full-size Earthblock would have to be DIRECTLY EXPOSED to a long period of extreme heat of over 750º C (At least 4.5 hours +) to induce combustion or total structural failure.
ASTM C-67 (strength and shock absorbency): Direct hammer blows: Direct blows with a hammer only cause small dents and external surface damage to an Earthblock. Earthblock will not break/shatter in pieces as concrete does. Earthblock absorbs the blows beautifully. With repeated manic-power-blows, you can obviously create local hairline fractures here and there and also cause eventual fragmentation, but only after more powerful hammer-blows, with the same exact hammer, that you can shatter any concrete block with on just ONE BLOW (Grab a hammer and a concrete block and you'll see for yourself). Earthblock proved its superiority in a proud and efficient manner. It proves its seismically superiority and uniqueness.
ASTM C-140 (compression load): Ratings in the 500 - 700 psi range. This makes Earthblock handle much more weight loaded than concrete block is able to handle. This proves that Earthblock's load bearing capabilities surpass the concrete blocks easily and effectively. (Ex: 250-300 psi is the minimum for adobe block.)
ASTM C-666 (weathering): Immersion in water and 200+ freeze-thaw cycles caused no loss of internal or structural integrity. Only minor surface damage due to the extreme punishment caused by the test. Under water: Earthblock samples absorb water and also lose it through wicking. However, this causes no swelling or weakness in Earthblock. Samples with our water-repellent additives almost double in strength after soaking and drying. Even soaked samples maintain their strength beautifully. Soaked samples scored from 500 - 1,000 psi.
Benefits to Mother Earth:
Wood and concrete block are (sadly enough) used to build most homes and commercial buildings in today's economy-driven society even though this contributes to the mass extraction of wood for lumber and the polluting effect of Portland Cement production. ABS purpose is to mass recycle and effectively turn Billions of tons of material into beautiful, high quality and efficient Residential, Commercial and Industrial Real Estate at a lower cost.