> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > DYI Carpet Installation ...
Login | Register

DYI Carpet Installation ...

Posted by Jay J on February 17th, 2000 01:25 PM
In reply to Carpet laying by Billy Maslin on February 17th, 2000 11:49 AM [Go to top of thread]

The more I looked, the less I found. Most of what I found did say that this job does take a bit of knowledge and skill to do, depending. You may want to ctc the mfgr. of your carpeting to see if they provide instructions for DYEers. I do have one site that offers limited help. Go to Hometime Projects, click Flooring, click Carpet, and go from there. I don't think you really save that much $$$ because most retailers build the install into the price of the carpeting, unless that is, you go to places like Home Depot or Lowes or the like where they may just sell the material. I wish I had more to offer other than the following bit of humor. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

A carpet layer had just finished installing carpet for a lady. He stepped out for a smoke, only to realize he'd lost his cigarettes. In the middle of the room, under the carpet, was a bump. "No sense pulling up the entirefloor for one pack of smokes," he said to himself. He proceeded to get out his hammer and flattened the hump. As he was cleaning up, the lady came in. "Here," she said, handling him his pack of cigarettes. "I found them in the hallway." "Now," she said, "ifonly I could find my parakeet. "

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC