> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Drywall tape removal and replacement.
Login | Register

Drywall tape removal and replacement.

Posted by Fran Zurell on February 10th, 2003 02:23 PM
In reply to Wallpaper/paint removal by Sharyn Kepner on January 21st, 1999 01:48 PM [Go to top of thread]

I built a house almost 4 years ago. And now I'm beginning to see settling problems. I've gone on the net and also taken out books on drywall repair.
I have nail pops, I've read up on how to repair them. Got a couple of stress cracks, read that you use mesh tape to repair these.

1. I also have drywall tape bubbled and has begun to peel. Nowhere have I found how to repair this type of problem. What tools do you need, and how far down should it be removed? Also does every stress crack have to have mesh tape applied before the joint compound is applied?

2. I want to have textured ceilings applied, but I want to be able to paint over the texture some time down the road without having the "popcorn" come rolling off.
I don't like the look of heavy texture, I just want something that will hide the cracks and inconsistencies. What's method should I ask the painter for?

3. I'd like to put up a border in the half bath, how do you prime the walls so when I take the wallpaper border off, the drywall doesn't come off with it?

I believe that I can do most of the work myself, since I painted the walls, stained and polyurethaned the woodwork. However all of my experience is with plaster walls, never with drywall. Are there any books, videos, or websites that you can reccommend?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC