> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > drywall patching
Login | Register

drywall patching

Posted by jeff kurtz on December 22nd, 2002 06:14 AM
In reply to There are several options you might consider: by Moderator, Steve on November 2nd, 2002 06:56 PM [Go to top of thread]

here is some advice from someone who does this for a living. use mesh tape first then use a setting compound like durabond-20 minute kind used with dirty water(water mixed with a little drywall mud) will dry very fast. make sure that you cannot see the mesh through the mud and feather the edges. when first coat is completly dry, then use regular mud and a 12" knife to skim it. while doing this place the knife edge a couple of inches past the center of the joint and run it,then switch to the other side so it is double wide,try to feather the edges while it is wet to eliminate ridges. personaly I will not sand because I do patches in a functional house and people do not like messes so a wet sponge works great for me. a light touch along the outer edge works great and makes things healthier for you and the customer. make sure you do not take too much of the second coat off and expose the setting compound. ready for texture! by the way Jerome Shuldiski owner of Patch pros drywall in albuquerque snd originator of drywall repair only showed me this effective way to patch

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC