> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Drywall patch.
Login | Register

Drywall patch.

Posted by Wick on June 16th, 2000 09:39 AM
In reply to Hole repair in ceiling by henry on June 15th, 2000 05:57 PM [Go to top of thread]

Henry, the tape that you're referring to is called an
Aluminum Reinforced Wall Repair Patch and can be
found in most Hardware stores. It's a thin metal sheet with
perforations (kind of like a screen) for the mud to adhere to.
I've used them for walls, but would be very hesitant to try
one on a ceiling.

For the best results follow Jim's advice to patch it right,
or you could always use the old trick of just covering the holes
with a vent cover.

If you're going to do it right, here's a couple of links to
detailed instructions. Check out Home Doctor,
and DoItYourself.COM.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC