renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Dryvit..............
Login | Register

Dryvit..............

Posted by Doug Seibert on March 12th, 2003 06:29 PM
In reply to Drivet by CJF on March 12th, 2003 04:47 PM [Go to top of thread]

Do go visit:

http://www.dryvit.com

Learn all you can........View the construction details..........read about the primers and sealants and control joints and color coats............

I hope your builder is familiar with the product.........Dryvit is an engineered product that depends on exact technique to operate properly.........I would not want to be the Beta customer for the contractor......I would want to SEE the contractor's past customers/references/projects

The majority of problems stem from incorrect application or faulty engineering.......The architect/designer would specifically request the Dryvit system following the design guidelines for the product.......

The fiberglass mesh is applied over FOAM panels........Drainage channels, primers, Trowel on base coat and color coat....smooth or aggregates......

Control joints are spaced uniformly throughout.......These voids are important for expansion of the panels.......The joints are filled with closed cell foam backer rod....primed......and "sealed"(caulked) with a patented color-match sealant............keeping DRY depends on the sealant.........You don't PAINT Dryvit...........

Keeping the DRYVIT "dry" also requires an effective interior vapor barrier.........

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• DRYVIT by Judie  3/12/03 12:43 PM
  • Drivet by CJF  3/12/03 04:47 PM

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC