> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Dryer vent
Login | Register

Dryer vent

Posted by Henry in MI on November 16th, 2000 05:33 AM
In reply to clothes dryer by suzanne on November 15th, 2000 08:54 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi, Suzanne. Of course it is difficult to see exactly what you have from here, but they do make an aluminum plate with a hole punched it in that lets hose fittings go through it. You take out the glass window, cut the aluminum plate to size and put that where the glass was. Regular glazing compound works fine for this.

From the back of your dryer, you run a short metal, 90 degree adapter pipe with aluminized hose attached to that up to the window. Outside the window, push a vent through. Then connect the hose to the back of the vent which is just inside the aluminum plate. Make the connections of the hose and adapter pipe with band clamps that compress with the spiral screw mechanism. Make sure that you get the aluminized hose since it is more fire resistant than the vinyl hose. Everything that you need should be easily available at your home center. About the only tools that you need are a screwdriver for the band clamps, tin snips for the aluminum plate and hose and a putty knife for the glazing.

Good luck
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC