> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Dry wall cracks
Login | Register

Dry wall cracks

Posted by Bob Tremblay on February 14th, 2003 08:06 AM
In reply to dry wall cracks and plaster by kathy on February 13th, 2003 03:40 AM [Go to top of thread]

Buy a small container of spackeling compound at any hardware store.
Force the compound into the cracks with a putty knife and scrape it smooth.
After drying, sand the area with 180 grit sandpaper, apply a second filler coat if necessary and prime and paint.
If you think that the cracks aren't done moving yet, you might try DAP latex sealing compound. It comes in a RED tube and you can squeeze it into the crack and wipe it smooth with a wet sponge.
Spackeling compound is the preferred material.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC