> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > dry rot
Login | Register

dry rot

Posted by Sharon on November 26th, 2000 07:01 PM
In reply to Wet Rot-Dry Rot, and Tommyrot by John 2000 on July 26th, 1999 07:56 AM [Go to top of thread]

I just decided to get out of the deal on a house I was supposed to close on in 2 days. The exterminator would not issue a certificate due to dry rot damage due to excessive moisture on the front of the house . He recommended removal of wood on the trimming and eaves only.He said it must be removed. The association who handlels the outside of this property(a townhouse)would not agree to fix this in a reasonable time. Also I have an allergy to mold which I take 7 shots twice a week. The realtors tell me that this is a common problem in Southern California and most buyers have no issue closing escrow without an approved bill of health from the exterminator. I want to know from you more about dry rot-can it be more infested into the wood and more of a deal than this association is making of it.? I personally wasn't willing to take the chance and am now looking for another property. Sharon

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC