renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Dropping a second phone line and changing to only one line
Login | Register

Dropping a second phone line and changing to only one line

Posted by Marilyn on October 21st, 2002 01:29 PM
In reply to Telephone Jack Installation by Doug on June 25th, 2002 12:08 PM [Go to top of thread]

Need to change wiring from a two line system to only one. Currently a computer uses the second phone line and it is the line that is being disconnected. In the Phone Interchange box I have two horizontal "screws" one green and the other red; each has one wire attached. Above those two "screws" are another pair of green and red "screws". The one upper "screw" has a pair of white and orange wires attached to the green "screw"; the other red "screw" has a pair of orange wires attached. I have been told that all I have to do is take the orange pair of wires from each "screw" and connect each pair to the corresponding lower "screws". Before I do this, I'd like to know if it should work. Additionally, do I have to change anything in the jack where the computer is wired in? Appreciate help!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC