> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Driveway "goop"
Login | Register

Driveway "goop"

Posted by johntee on April 27th, 2003 11:15 PM

Hi all! I have a driveway that's no longer used. It is asphalt, covered in many spots with moss. I want to make it more of a "garden pathway" sort of thing, and had read somewhere that it's possible to lay a thin coating of driveway repair "goop" onto the asphalt and then spread a single layer of gravel or pebbles into the goop so they stay in place.

Does anyone have any idea of what such "goop" would be called? (Something thick enough not to spread everywhere, and sticky enough to hold the stones, and dries tough enough to walk on without disturbing the set stones.) I just want to be know what the label would say. Also, if you're experienced with driveway repair, do you think this has a chance of working?

(I'm trying to avoid jackhammering and removing the asphalt, since it's in pretty good condition, and I just want a gravel path. Laying several inches of gravel (loose) on top of the asphalt would be difficult since the location can't really be reached by power equipment.)

Thanks for any help/suggestions!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC