> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Driveway
Login | Register

Posted by Jack on August 21st, 1999 12:41 PM
In reply to concrete drive by Rob Dykeman on August 21st, 1999 08:24 AM [Go to top of thread]

Rob I am located in east Texas. The first three section of drive were poured while weather was relatively warm.We had cold snap and ground froze. They came out one of those days but could not even level the area it was frozen so bad. They had brought in some sand to use to try to level the base. When the ground thawed they came back and poured the last three sections and although there are cracks in the first ones poured the later are lots worse. The ground was very wet when they poured the last three sections plus over wet sand. Yes there is old asphalt underneath because the concrete itself is above ground. To me this indicates more so and I have photos of this plus a lot of places at edge are less than 4 inches thick and dirt is washing out from under edge. No sealer was used. We stayed off 3 extra days after he said it was ok just as an extra precaution. It is a real mess to say the least.I appreciate the advise and moral support and plan to pursue until it is right.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC