> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > dripping crawl space
Login | Register

dripping crawl space

Posted by jerry on July 9th, 1999 10:49 PM
In reply to condensation in crawl space by Kathy Cabana on July 8th, 1999 04:57 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have the same problem you house is only two months old and when we turned on the air and the weather got hot and humid looked like someone had turned on a hose in my space was already lined with 6 mil plastic and puddles were everywhere...I tried the fans and no luck...I called the contractor that built the house and he called the mechanical contractor...wait till you hear his solution...close all the vents and remove the fans and the condensation will stop...I did just that and it did stop...I was still left with the problem of all the water already under there...I used towels and dried the plastic and the ducts as best as I could...I am going to try a dehumidifier to try to suck the rest out ...I have read everything I can get on this problem and almost everywhere someone suggests close the vents...I think you will still have to keep a close check on the mold problem and address that as it happens,but maybe the condensation will be less..if you would like send me an email and I will keep you posted on my luck with getting the moisture under email is

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC