> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Drawer tracks
Login | Register

Drawer tracks

Posted by Henry in MI on July 23rd, 1999 01:52 PM
In reply to Replacing kitchen drawer tracks by Sharon H on July 23rd, 1999 12:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi, Sharon. Other than a little more difficult shopping task, there is a much better way to solve this problem and make your drawers work easier. Woodcraft and other specialty woodworking stores carry thin plastic strips that are made for this problem. The plastic is extremely slippery and it allows the drawer to slide without rubbing wood to wood. One side has a glue on it so that it can be installed right on top of your current runner. Since it comes on a roll, it can be cut to any length with sissors. It works great and I have it on all the drawers of my 50 year old desk and other pieces of furniture.

Woodcraft's site is I know that I bought it at their Detroit store but can not find it in their current catalog. Probably, I just missed seeing it.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC