> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Drainfields
Login | Register

Posted by Peter S on January 2nd, 2003 07:08 PM
In reply to drain fields by James on October 10th, 2000 09:53 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have septic at my house. I have a poplar that is toying with the drainage of my drain field. I say toying because everthing is draining yet there is a smell at times of sewer. The drain feild is within feet of the drain field, Appox 12 to 15 ft away. My intentions are to destroy the massive tree. My question is do I have to install a new drain field if I get rid of the tree and what tx can do to the drainfield while the massive tree is still alive? The smell seems to be worst during summer or warmer months rather than winter. Is this because the tree is dormant in the winter months and this would be the oppertune time to rid the massive poplar? I do live in the Seattle area and it does rain more in the winter. This leds me to belive that the root system is within the drain field however it still drains with the added rain in the winter months. So my next question is when the tree is gone and if I do not need a new drain field is there a way to improve the drainage by destroying the roots that seem to have infested the drain field already, and therby improving drainage?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC