> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Door won't open all the way
Login | Register

Door won't open all the way

Posted by Rob W on March 6th, 2003 12:08 PM
In reply to garage opener problems by Bobby Cooper on September 2nd, 2002 11:53 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

Moderator Post:
> Garage Door Opener Problems by Handyman on 02/16/2005

I have a 1/2 HP sears opener. A couple of months ago, one of the plastic screw gears had turned to "powder". I went to the Sears Parts local, near me. They had some rebuilts on sale so I purchased one, figuring that for $50 more than the parts, I'll replace the moter, and use exixting Rail, chain etc, (same model). Last week a link in the chain broke. I was going to use the one thar came winthe rebuilt unit, but found that the cable part of the set up was about 4" longer than the previous one, not enought adjustment. I was going to cut cable, get a new crimping part, and go that route, but first i just rebent the broken link, and hooked unit back up. Now, despite many tension & up/down tinkering, the door will go down hit floor, actually bend rail a bit and reverse, but only about 1/3 of the way open. No matter what I do, it does the same thing. I just need to know if I,m missing something obvious, before I make that Min. $70 service call for something dumb, I am missing. Help is appreciated. Model 139.53973SRT

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC