> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > door knobs
Login | Register

door knobs

Posted by Chris on April 21st, 1998 04:38 PM
In reply to Doorknobs by James on April 19th, 1998 10:55 AM [Go to top of thread]

I think the knobs that you are refering to are designed to work with a rimlock door mechanizm. A rimlock mounts to the exterior surface on one side of the door. These mechanizms are still available through mail order houses (e.g. Home decorators) I've even seen them at the Home Depot. However, I dont know of any way to adapt one of these knob sets to a modern lock set. Good Luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC