As a rule, as far as I know, Bob doesn't usually read this board...
As far as your situation, I have a couple of suggestions.
1. Habitat for Humanity. Even if you don't qualify to be one of their recipients, you may be able to find some help throught this organization in the way of volunteer help and donated materials. Many chapters are church based or are heavily associated with regional religous affiliations.
2. Your local chapter of the Master Homebuilders Association (also known as the National Association of HomeBuilders NAHB) may have some suggestions or assistance in finding help for you.
3. Contact not only your own church, but all of the churches in your area. Good people should be willing to help, regardless of your faith vs. theirs.
4. Contact your local papers and try to get an article written about your situation. These articles can generate a lot of support through donations of cash, time and expert help.
5. If everything above fails, SELL THE HOUSE and get into something you are better prepared to deal with. You need to find a quick resolution so you can relieve the stress of an unfinished home on your husband.