> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Don't Like Them ...
Login | Register

Don't Like Them ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on October 16th, 2001 09:01 AM
In reply to Space Heaters by Leslie on October 16th, 2001 03:35 AM [Go to top of thread]

HI Leslie,

I know that's not what you want to hear but that's my, personal, $.02. They're a fire hazard, especially with children around. Even pets. And, there's a CO2 issue too. And having the fuel around just compounds that hazard. Also, they will 'darken', or dirty, your walls and ceiling over time. And that 'stuff' travels throughout the house!

What I CAN say is that your 'idea' will work but you're, essentially, putting a bandaid on a forever 'bleeding wound'. If the heat pump isn't doing the job, consider electric units or Hot Water Heat / baseboard heat, as an alternative. These units are MUCH safer and cleaner. I wouldn't be adverse to these types of units being used in a garage or workshop, but in the house, I have a completely different perspective. TOO many times I hear on the news and read in the newspaper of accidents and carelessness that causes fires. Truely, I'm sorry about saying that. You can still choose to go your original route but, perhaps, others will benefit from my perspective.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Electric by Leslie  10/17/01 03:09 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC