> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Don't Hold Your Breath ...
Login | Register

Don't Hold Your Breath ...

Posted by Jay J on June 26th, 1998 08:26 AM
In reply to Our house on a rock by Rachel on June 25th, 1998 11:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

I know that Bob has a couple of individuals that peruse this Forum on his behalf, obviously, because they manage it. But not all that long ago, if I'm not mistaken, Bob's home-project backlog was about 2 years. Now I could be wrong, plus, things change over time in his schedule, I'm sure. To be honest with you, I believe I've seen only 1 TRUE post by Bob on this forum in the past year and it was to inform the 'readers' that he and his staff are hard at work on seeing what he/they can do to 'assist' us. To what length you want to take that statement is up to you.

Anyways, if I was you, which I'm not but if I was, I'd call his manager and tell them that you're sending a letter describing your home, et al., and would like him to consider it for his show. Posting a message on his forum doesn't reflect your seriousness enough and I think that if you REALLY want him, you must go to greater lengths. Now you may already be doing this but I'm only assuming you're not. This forum is very public and Bob doesn't really read it. As mentioned, he's elsewhere but here. I'm not digging on Bob; it's just the way it is with his profession.

So put yourself in his manager's shoes and think of what HE'D like to see you do to persuade him to do your home for his show. And if they reject your home, don't give up. Write again telling them they MUST consider your home. Best to ya and the message I'm trying to convey is Write lots of letters. Make lots of phone calls. And did I mention write lots of letters and make lots of phone calls!

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC