> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Don't be stubborn, Lee
Login | Register

Don't be stubborn, Lee

Posted by deecee on March 10th, 2003 04:58 PM
In reply to another oddity - might explain some more? by lee on March 10th, 2003 04:23 PM [Go to top of thread]

I say this for YOUR benefit. I have a 100 amp service and since I don't have electric heat, hot water or range (or hot tub just yet, which if electric will make me reconsider),that is plenty of service. You need to have an examination of your service by an electrician. Not a home inspector. Not your "handy" friend. Not this board. You can't tell anything about your connections, "creative" wiring (see Doug's comment about neutrals above) or circuit loadings without the training and equipment necessary. You may have a poor connection without having enough heat for YOU to tell (unless you have IR scanning equipment). Your symptoms indicate to me that you do have some less than ideal connections. Maybe at the meter, the power company's transformer or your main. How can YOU tell? You need to have a good electrician check for connection tightness and any evidence of corrosion or burning. You need to have amperage scans. We could all go on and on. For YOUR benefit, get it checked right. My $.02. Luck, Kizmet

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC