> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Doesn't look kosher to me.
Login | Register

Doesn't look kosher to me.

Posted by John on February 8th, 2003 10:14 PM
In reply to superior wall system by Kenneth B. Pauling on November 12th, 2002 06:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

I am no engineer but the Superior wall foundation system you speak of doesnt even sit on a footing. There putting up one next to where I am and this paticular piece of property has a lot of ground water. When it rains it actually floods. Sure there going to build up the ground level but that wont do anything for the ground water. The system is like my sisters built in pool she had. She didnt realize the pools construction and started draining the pool. After draining some it collapsed. The foundation your spekaing of has a thin layer of concrete and some foam insulating material and has 2x6" vertical beams. Underneath the walls they have stone and to level the walls they used 2x4's layed in the stone. Next will come the puring of the basement floor and then there going to backfill. I hope its on a weekend that they backfill because I'd like to see them back fill it and not have the walls buckle or even worse collapse.

I will say one thing, I will not buy this house when the builder is done. Give me a poured concrete foundation any day of the week over this system. The houses they put together today would not last 100 years.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC