> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > DIY well
Login | Register

DIY well

Posted by Ken on July 4th, 2000 06:25 PM
In reply to water well by william llehndorf on April 30th, 2000 04:37 PM [Go to top of thread]

I was scanning for info on the same subject and yours id the first post I came across. I am in GA, sand also. On my trip to Home Depot, I found out there is a fitting used for "drilling" a well. I will attempt to pass on what I found out, even though I am still looking.

First the fitting or adapter is made of PVC and looks like a E. Two water hoses connect to the two sides. In the middle a 2" PVC pipe with serated bottom is connected. Inside the 2", a 3/4" pipe is connected to the fitting. Dig a hole with post hole digger to get through the sod/roots. Put the pipes in the hole, turn on the water supply, and using a twisting motion work the pipe into the ground. Once the pipe is all the way down, add another section. It is impotant to use inside connections to join the pipe. Areas that are unclear for me include the hardpan, the actual pick-up pipe, electrical, and the pump. I will look some more before endeavoring on this project. If you find any info or if you have tried it, please let me know.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

  • water well by william llehndorf  4/30/00 04:37 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC