> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ditto On Ed and Henry's Follow-ups ...
Login | Register

Ditto On Ed and Henry's Follow-ups ...

Posted by Jay J on February 11th, 2000 08:27 AM
In reply to pergo by Ed Dagostino on February 10th, 2000 09:28 PM [Go to top of thread]

For me, there's nothing like the real thing. But, at the same time, cost is a factor, and some products don't do well in some rooms in the home.

What Ed says is what I say too. And what Henry is saying, if I may be so bold, is to educate yourself. This subject has lived longer than this Forum's existance so the info you need to read is out there. I'm attaching a couple of relatively new and useful links in addition to the ones you'll come across. What you want to try in addition to what you read from folks like Ed, Henry, and me is to go to a WEB search engine like AltaVista or Yahoo! and key in keywords like 'pergo' and 'laminate' and 'hardwood' and 'floor', then Search. (If you don't know how to use a WEB Search Engine, find someone who does or take a try yourself at the Advanced Level. The simple level may not be enough.)

There are 'links' to articles and such from what I've attached. And yes, do read the warranties before you buy. And, if you plan on doing this type of job yourself, unless you're buying the necessary tools, make sure you can find them at a rental place or at the store that sells you the product. My best to ya and hope this helps. If you have more SPECIFIC questions, that would be good, as your question is very broad.

Laminated Flooring Resources, and Industry Research Forum, and

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• pergo by Ed Dagostino  2/10/00 09:28 PM

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC