> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ditto & my 2 cents
Login | Register

Ditto & my 2 cents

Posted by bc on February 11th, 2000 11:51 AM
In reply to Ditto On Ed and Henry's Follow-ups ... by Jay J on February 11th, 2000 08:27 AM [Go to top of thread]

I agree and add the following caveat: All building materials will have their pro's, con's, and lifespans such as roof coverings, wall coverings, and floor coverings, etc.

All floor coverings have a life span and then need replacement, whether it be pergo, carpet, vinyl, linoleum, tile(and the varying types), and even hardwood flooring needs refinishing, can buckle, and rot from a leaking toilet. I and the others all probably have good stories and horror stories for each product.

It all boils down to balancing factors such as aesthetics, cost, life, climate(humidity and temperature varies so much around the country), wear & tear, maintenance, cleaning, etc. I wouldn't be afraid of any of the listed floor coverings, including pergo, but I would plan where each one would go and evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of each all the while knowing that nothing is permanent.

So basically everyone should educate themselves, put in what you like, and then be prepared for you or someone else to change it later. Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC