> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Dishwasher Troubleshooting
Login | Register

Dishwasher Troubleshooting

Posted by zenthoef on February 4th, 2009 10:37 PM

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> Wash system needs water pressure by DanO on 02/05/2009

Hi All -

I am having trouble with a KitchenAid dishwasher, model number KUDP02CRBL2. I think the BL2 at the end simply means the dishwasher is black.

I have had lots of trouble getting this dishwasher to clean our dishes properly. Because of this, I would like some steps to figure out how to troubleshoot this dishwasher.

To let you know what I have done so far, here is an explanation of everything:

About a year ago, when the warranty was still in effect, we had a repairman come out to look at it. He figured we had hard waster (because lots of people around here do) and that we needed to use less soap. This did not help. We did a water test and it showed that we actually have soft to normal hardness in our water.

Realizing he was wrong, I took the dishwasher's water distribution and drainage systems apart in the dishwasher. I found that the sieve to the garbage disposal in the dishwasher was closed with food and was not draining properly. I cleaned it out and the dishwasher worked fine for awhile.

After awhile the dishwasher started making a loud sound while it is running. Kind of like water is shooting out of a small crack somewhere, but I never find any water leaking from it. Also, the dishes are starting to come out dirty again, but the sieve is not plugged up.

I cleaned the entire dishwasher, including the gasket thinking the water sound was coming from a poor seal on the door, but this has not helped the sound at all.

I also have noticed that since the top rack is adjustable that one of the two flaps that regulate where water flows to the top rack spinner is stuck open. But it is only stuck open because the dishwasher has been used in that position only.

So... What could be causing the strange sound like there is excess water shooting around in there? Any idea why the dishes are coming out dirty? Could it be a lack of pressure if something is leaking internally? Could the flap that is stuck open have anything to do with any of this?

If I'm on the wrong track please give me any suggestions. I do not want to call a repairman because they were a licensed KitchenAid repair service and they did not find the first problem.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC