> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Different cement boards
Login | Register

Different cement boards

Posted by Mongo on October 6th, 2001 06:44 PM
In reply to plywood vs backerboard by garvin on October 6th, 2001 05:22 PM [Go to top of thread]

Durock, Wonderboard, and though I've never used it, Hardie has a backer board as well, it may be called Hardieboard or Hardiebacker...not sure.

They all come in 1/4 and 1/2" thicknesses. I always use half-inch, though I know many people use quarter-inch on flat surfaces...countertops, floors, long as the floor is stiff enough.

When you compare prices, don't just go by price-per-sheet, because all sheets aren't the same size.

You can use a marble saddle in the doorway to make the height transition as you go from one room to another.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC