> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > DH, did you do my floor??
Login | Register

DH, did you do my floor??

Posted by Valerie on April 1st, 2002 09:12 PM
In reply to "Botched Job" by DH on April 1st, 2002 08:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

First, I'm not the customer with the Big Wheel. We don't even allow shoes on our floor...I am not one of those types who overreact and then scratch their own floor and demand that it be fixed. As far as the marks, I don't know if they were done by edger or buffer, as there are FULL sections of marks, prominent across an entire 5 ft. entryway, among other places.. Then there are the marks that are actual gouges in the floor. There's about 4 of those. My hall, kitchen, eating nook and dining room are about 700 Sq ft.
The cleaning up--it was dust from the sanding, not buffing, because it appeared the first day and then piled up even more as the job went on. He did not instruct us to turn off the furnace, I do believe experts should instruct their customers, turn off furnaces, keep Big Wheels away, this is the brand of finish I'm using, etc. but all he did was tell us we could walk on it after 6 pm the 1st day and then after 9 pm the final day (we stayed out overnight for the finish coat). My point was, he put a finish coat down WITHOUT picking up the dust that had fallen from the counters and drawers. The finish is rough and now contaminated with that dust. So DH, is that something I should be OK with?
The poor sanding job and preparation is what has made the stain seem so uneven, so I'm told. Our contractor saw the floor today and agrees on it's poor refinish, so we are waiting to see what solution he comes up with as he still hasn't spoken to the floor guy since he came out to see the problems. Thanks for your comments DH, now I'm relieved that there are worse customers out there than me.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC