> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Detailed instructions--wow!
Login | Register

Detailed instructions--wow!

Posted by Henry in MI on January 12th, 2003 12:40 PM
In reply to dents & scratches in maple dining chairs by ticia on January 11th, 2003 10:35 AM [Go to top of thread]

Ticia, I would love to but do we have enough time. Can you tell me a little more? Are the scratches just in the finish of just in the wood? Are these chairs made by one of the major brand furniture manufacturers? Thomasville's finishes are so technical that they have classes for people to take care of their furniture and these are for individual homeowners, not just professional furniture repair persons. Many pros will not work on Thomasville for this reason. Their finishes are too different.

You may be able to match the finish with what is commercially available to homeowners on some pieces. You may not be able to buy some of the products that were used by the manufacturers of other pieces. The products that some manufacturers are too dangerous for other than an industrial setting. After they have set up, though, they no longer are a hazard.

I really suggest that you get in someones face at the store. The second choice would be to hire a local pro or have the store do it and pay for it. And get your credit card company to help, if you can. Finally, and if all else fails, post the details and we'll try to help.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC