> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Depends on your needs
Login | Register

Depends on your needs

Posted by Ron on November 8th, 1999 04:12 PM
In reply to SMART WIRING by greg on November 8th, 1999 01:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

If it were me, I would provide coax for cable, twisted pair for phone and computer to every room.

It depends on your needs and the type of house. A ranch can be wired anytime where a two story makes in much harder.

The guy who built my house was a Westinghouse engineer. He plummed a separate conduit throught the attic of my two-story to each of the four bedrooms. Then, he ran two phone lines to each room. Now that I want cable TV in two of the bedrooms, I can simply pull the coax through the conduits. The only thing he forgot to do was label the conduits at the common end. I got to figure out which is which. That's truely a SMART house because now if I want to run a cable to any of the second story rooms for some new application I dream up I can simply pull another cable through.

Smart house applications to control via computer could include:
* Triggering the water heater in the morning about 1 hour before awakening.
* Smart furnace and AC operations.
* humidity control.
* Lighting while away.

I would like windows that automatically close when it rains or based on a temperature range.

Actually, a smart house would turn the lights off after my kids leave them on in every room.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC