> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Depends on what"HARD" means to you
Login | Register

Depends on what"HARD" means to you

Posted by Scott on May 19th, 2002 01:45 AM
In reply to need advice on ceiling by scott on May 18th, 2002 10:56 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi scott
Hard ,to me,is doing income tax,so I have someone else do it,trimming 60'oak trees,although I did it when I was in high school,is HARD work and dangerous,so I don't even think of doing it.
Tearing down a plaster ceiling isn't what I would call hard because I have done it alot and I know what to expect.It is however very dirty,dusty work.Care should be taken to cover everything.If there is attic above remove insulation first or you will be wearing it.If your walls are plaster there may be wire mesh where the ceiling and wall meet,use a sawsall to cut all the way around the ceiling or you will be fixing your walls also.Put a dropcloth down to cover the whole area and start busting.Nothing like the feel of a hammer going through plaster to relieve stress.Hanging drywall is hard only if you have never done it or if you are by yourself.To me,taping is the hard part because I just can not do it right,so I get the pros to do it.If you deceide to do this,you and anyone helping you should wear safety glasses,dust mask,and gloves.If you need anymore help post back.Luck

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC