> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Depends ...
Login | Register

Depends ...

Posted by Jay J on July 7th, 1998 04:46 PM
In reply to Trash Containers by Dom A. on July 7th, 1998 02:01 PM [Go to top of thread]

Certainly, depends on where you live in the US and what you plan on putting in the container.

If you're putting asbestos cement shingles, old fiberglass insulation, fiberglass roof shingles, and such in the dumpster, in Southeast PA we pay about $275 - 400 for the first week, then $55 per week after that. This is because this stuff is not salvageable or recyclable or burnable (for the most part).

If you're doing general contracting work, the price is a little less. Just determine what you're gonna put in the thing and call around for pricing. In my case, I rented a 15 cu. yd. to hold the asbestos and stuff for a week @ $475 whether I kept it for 1 day or 7 days. After that it was $55 per week. I got a contract so I made sure the hauler knew what I was putting in it. (I didn't want the hauler to be 'surprised' when they came to pick it up and find out then what I was tossing, and charge me more $$$!!!) For safety reasons, I piled everything in the driveway and when I was done I called for the dumpster. This way, the neighborhood kids wouldn't look at the thing as a toy NOR would people start tossing junk in it at nite while I slept! Good grief. Since I have a little room left, I took a few buck from some neighbors who wanted to toss similiar 'stuff' AFTER I filled it; not before hand.

Best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC