> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Define "cover up"
Login | Register

Define "cover up"

Posted by Mongo on April 28th, 2003 06:28 PM
In reply to Painting over knots by Diane on April 28th, 2003 01:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

Are the knots bleeding through? If so, you can re-prime with a shellac-based primer, then repaint. The shellac-based primer will prevent further bleed-through.

Do you just want to cover up the texture of the knot? In that case, again, I'd start by sealing with a shellac-based primer. Then putty, sand, prime, and paint.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC