> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Decorations on Crown Moulding
Login | Register

Decorations on Crown Moulding

Posted by Peggy O'Connor on June 12th, 1998 10:03 PM

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

I am an artist working for a company that does interior decoration. Recently they installed some Crown Moulding which was made of a foam board type of material--it has a fancy raised pattern, is painted white, and looks great once it is up. The problem is that this foam stuff is a nightmare to work with, relatively expensive, and shrinks and expands, and on and on. We talked about using wooden crown molding without any carved pattern, and then finding a fancy raised pattern in a roll, sort of like a fat ribbon with curlicues, glueing it on the wood, and then painting. Does anyone know of any material out there that fits this description? If so, where can I find it? I've also thought about molding the pattern out of this rubber molding stuff. Has anyone ever thought about this, or have any ideas? I hope you can understand my question! I realize it's stated rather awkwardly. I'm looking for a swift way to apply a fancy design to plain wood so that it looks carved, but isn't really carved.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC